Today I'm Grateful
- for my friends and their willingness to listen
- for my wonderful, beautiful son
- for my warm, cozy home
- for an opportunity to teach Oliver to make home made pizza tonight
- for the realization: here we go again; I know how to do this one
- for my boss and his thoughtfulness
- for the packages that arrived at my doorstep today
- that I feel good (physically) in my own skin today
- for the opportunity to watch my son kiss the cats and tell them he loves them
- for the courage to throw some things in the trash today, permanently (on my computer)
- for the realization of what really taking care of myself means
- for God in my life
- for some hope
- for a call from my dad tonight
I wanted to share this excerpt from One Good Thing, an amazingly heartfelt blog about a little girl named Hudson. I feel it expresses my gratitude exactly.
I am grateful for this blog. I am grateful to have a place to write all of this down and try to make some kind of sense of what is still so incredibly senseless. I am grateful to have a place that lets me be, for the most part, myself, without expectations or self-reproach. I am grateful to have a place where people who know me can come and see how I am doing, so they can understand that no matter how much time has gone by, no matter how “okay” I seem on the surface, no matter how many steps forward I have made, I am still grieving. Deeply. Acutely. Painfully. It is important for them to know that.
Post a Comment
Your comments are helpful! Thanks!